September 05, 2015

Chicago Eats: Summer House


A while ago, and by a while I mean a very long time ago, I said I was starting an Eats series, but, life happened and I have yet to post anything. So here is my first official Eat Series post! A few weeks ago I went to Chicago for a much needed girls getaway and we started our weekend off in style at the Summer House Santa Monica in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. Whitewashed walls, vibrant green ferns hanging from the ceiling, tea lights strung through the rafters, an open air retractable roof and a delectable menu filled with several seafood options transport you to another world. This is a lovely place for a date night and also made for a memorable girls night out. Baked-to-order biscuits, oysters, crab cakes and Rose put us right where we wanted to be before our night out in the big city! 

$$ - affordable and appealing 

It is Chicago after all, so the prices are a whee higher than home but we all still had money to spend later that night so it is definitely affordable! 




Photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment