September 16, 2015

Chicago Eats: Pizza East



We headed to the new, hip and "upcoming" West Loop on our last night in Chicago to grab some dinner at one of Soho House's public restaurants, Pizza East. Yes, Soho House is one of those super swanky, super exclusive places that has both public and private restaurants and we obviously weren't invited to the private side. Now, getting back to Pizza East...I have mixed feelings about this place. I am a sucker for great atmosphere but service, well service is extremely important. It's not a new concept that when you go out to eat, you are paying for the food as well as the experience. In my mind, the waitstaff should almost be invisible. The only times I have ever seriously studied the waitstaff is when they are the best damn thing that has happened to the restaurant or when they are absolutely horrible and unfortunately, we noticed the waitstaff because they were not fantastic.

Was the atmosphere amazing? Yes. Was the food great? Yes. Was the company wonderful? You bet. But the service...sucked. I can't put it any other way. I'm not sure if our waiter was new or just didn't understand that they needed to attend to us but we were there for way longer than we wanted to be. It was Saturday night after all and the girls wanted to party (and by party I mean have a few drinks and go to sleep before 11)!

All in all, I am glad I was able to experience the food and the atmosphere and be with my hilarious friends. Yes, I would recommend this restaurant but I would give major caution on the potential horrific service. So if you're willing to live on the edge - Pizza East is for you!

$$ - affordable and appealing


   Email

Photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment